In conjunction with the Melsonby Support Group, the Parish Council has decided to produce a bi-weekly Newsletter to keep everyone up to date with what is happening and where you can get help, even if you do not access the Internet. We shall publish it by various means (see below) and hope that everyone can benefit. If you have any information you would like in the next issue you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring or text the clerk, Jenny Pears at 07585 837716
The Support Group is working well, providing help with shopping, collecting prescriptions and contacting isolated individuals with friendly phone calls. If you need help in any of these areas, do ring 01325 718 028 to make contact. Thank you so much to the volunteers who have been busy providing help and keeping their distance when they do.
Lots of ‘good neighbours’ have been making their own arrangements to get shopping, provide baking and generally helping those who are homebound—thank you and keep up the good work!
Friendly Melsonby has been keeping up morale! Lots of people came out on their doorsteps on Thursday 26th March and Thursday 2nd April, clapping, banging panlids and generally expressing their enthusiastic support for all the NHS workers. Children and their parents have been using their exercise time walking round the village and spotting a wide variety of teddies, on a bear hunt. Martin Vickerman and friends have provided information and hilarity on Fridays with Dave the Monkey’s Newsletter.
Keep smiling and keep well!
Judith Stansfield Chair Melsonby Parish Council
APRIL 6TH 2020
MELSONBY SUPPORT GROUP
- Update on how the Support Group is going
The general feeling is the Support Group is going well and has been well received. Christine Elliott has been organising a competition around the Bear Hunt, on behalf of the Sports Committee. This finished on Sunday 5th April and the winners were: 1st – Olivia Bellwood 2nd – Melodie & Oscar Henderson Runners up: Aidan & Tillie Jackson / Maisie & Seth Taylor / Heidi Elliott
Another competition was launched on Monday 6th April for the children to decorate a hard boiled egg. Send completed photos to Melsonby Sports Day Facebook page.
Winner will be judged on Sunday 12th
Melsonby School has donated Easter eggs as prizes..
- The Melsonby Facebook is at https://www.facebook.com/groups/142207362471701/ This has local comments and on Fridays, a weekly lively newsletter from Martin Vickerman and friends to cheer you up
- Where can I get help? Melsonby Support Group Helpline 01325 718 028 – you will reach an answerphone and you will be contacted soon.
- Prescriptions If you cannot collect your prescription, ring the helpline and arrangements will be made to collect your prescriptions after you have agreed with the surgery, when you make your repeat prescription order, that someone else will pick them up for you.
- Where will this newsletter be posted? On the village website http://www.melsonbypc.com , the Melsonby Facebook, the Oil Co-operative subscribers, the PC Noticeboard on the Green and various lamp posts around the village.
- Police update re scams etc. The Police are doing roadchecks to prevent visitors going to tourist places, so only use your car for essential shopping and medical appointments.
The cyber villains are active, so be particularly aware of scams in Zoom and any .gov.uk notices that ask you for money.
- Health tips If you wear gloves when out and about, remember to wash / sanitize them or use new ones when going to a different shop.
- Companies who deliver in our area from Rishi Sunak’s list
Carricks (fish and vegetables) – Thursdays: 01677 470499 or alternatively, email email@example.com
Neeps and Tatties (fruit and vegetables) – 01748 825397
Granny’s Kitchen (pies and baked goods) – 01748 850200
Tunstall Meat Company (meat and pies) – call Robert on 07825 982576 or order online at www.tunstallmeatcompany.co.uk.
Mainsgill Farm shop (meat and vegetables) – Richmond and A66 corridor 01325 718860
Angus Morton Butchers (meat): 01748 822644.
AGE UK – hot meal delivery in Richmond and the surrounding villages. Meals can be booked by calling 01325 741492 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before 11am on the day needed. The meals cost £5 a day for a hot 2 course set menu. They can also offer telephone befriending and volunteer shoppers too. The contact number for these services is 0300 3020 100 or email email@example.com
- Other useful sites
Ravensworth Nurseries have an online delivery service—they have loads of plants that will have to be destroyed if they can’t sell them http://ravensworthnurseries.localdelivery.org.uk/
Georgian Theatre Knitting Project If you want something different to do, the theatre has launched its request for knitting hearts for this year’s pantomime, Beauty and the Beast. Details and pattern at: